Friday, September 3, 2010

Meet your August guest designer ~ Genevieve Garner

You know Genevieve as Vieve on the Timeless Daydreams forum. We are very excited she is designing with our July/August kit this month. Ready to get to know her a better?


What is your favorite technique?
I am a complete sucker for glitter. I pretty much love any technique that can work it in. Lately, I have been using a glitter pen to outline embellishments.

Where do you get your inspiration?
I get my inspiration mainly from craft bloggers. I follow over 150 blogs that constantly get me thinking out of my normal realm of scrapbooking.

What is your favorite embellishment?
Chipboard. Hands down.

The time of day you are most creative? Does it vary much?
I do my best work extremely late at night. I often find myself looking at the clock at 2 am just as I am finishing up. Hence, why I do most of my scrapbook on the weekends. That wouldn't fly on a weekday.

How long have you been scrapbooking?
I have been scrapbooking for 13 years. I started at the age of 13. My first scrapbooks are so funny, but I love them because it is part of the history.

What advice would you give to aspiring artists today?
Use your products as you buy them. I have way too many things that I loved and saved for a "special" page, but then ended up just sitting in my storage. If your excited about a product, use it now...because every page is just important as the next.

If you could choose one manufacturer to receive a free years supply of product from, who would you choose?
American Crafts. I love, love, love their clean and bright style.

Do you prefer dinner at home, take out, or eat in a restaurant?
I prefer a good home cooked meal.

Tell us about your favorite childhood memory.
My parents woke us up one morning on a school day, told us we had an hour to pack because we were going to disneyland. What kid wouldn't want to skip school and go to a theme park? It was an awesome surprise.

What is your favorite color and why?
I love Red. Probably because I love the University of Utah who is known for their bright red. Go Utes!

What is your best time-saving tip?
Put things away as you go. I am terrible at this, but when I do it, I definitely have more time.

What is your best organizational tip?
Label everything. This is huge if you share your products with others. But even if you don't, it makes things easy to find and easy to put away.

How do you overcome Scrapper's Block?
I turn to sketches. I usually don't get stuck on what products to use with what photo, it is where to start. Sketches definitely help get me moving.

What’s the last song you downloaded to your ipod – or the song you just can’t get out of your head right now.
Lady Antebellum's CD, every track is amazing!

The words that would be describe my style are ……………………………………….
Clean and Simple

If you were a Scrapbooking product, what would you be?
I would be an adhesive runner. One because I love to run. Two because I like being close to the best things, but I don't like to be out in front and taking over the show. However, I think that I provide a much help as I can and am an essential part of the making of a great group.

If you could only have three tools to scrap with - what would they be?
Paper Trimmer, Tombow Tape Runner, and my Glitter Pen

How does your family and friends view your work?
Everyone is really supportive and kind about my hobby. My husband even gives me suggestions when I get stuck.

What is one thing you wish you could throw away?
I don't like clutter, so if I don't want it anymore I give it away or send it to the trash. But I wouldn't mind fixing up a couple of my scrapbook pages.

Name a food in your house you never run out of.
We always have homemade ranch on hand. It's not healthy, but we use it on just about everything.

If you lost your sight tomorrow how would you express your creativity?
I have always loved pottery and took some classes in high school. I think I would get more involved with that, since a lot of it is feeling the clay.

Name something that makes you smile when you see it.
My husband. I can't get enough of him. Cheesy, I know...but it's the truth.

What is the craziest thing you have ever added to a scrapbook page?
I added some pieces of a broken mirror.

Name one thing on your wish list.
A Xyron Creative Station

Is there anything you've lost and still miss?
I had an awesome black marker that I left at a crop once, and I still find myself reaching for it. I can't find it to buy anywhere. It was a freebie giveaway in an expo goodie bag.

 I loved learning more about you Vieve! Check back soon because Vieve has a great blog post coming up, and you'll see what the Design Team as been creating with the summerlicious July/August kit! Don't forget to check out Vieve's blog, Plaid Polkadots.

Happy Daydreaming,
Leah

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vieve,
    Can't wait to see your contributions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fAbulous interview Vieve...Loved getting to know you better :)

    ReplyDelete